You may be insured on medical grounds, but it's always a good idea and a sensible option to extend that security umbrella to your near and dear ones. With so many options available in the market, it is a good idea to opt for a family floater policy that gives your family the maximum benefits at a premium that you can afford, in accordance with your finances. You can choose the best family plan health insurance using the web.
As the term suggests, a family floater policy is essentially a health plan which provides medical cover to your parents, spouse, and children. Though the benefits of both individual and floater plans are more or less the same, the biggest advantage a floater plan offers is that you have the option of adding a new family member, like a newborn.
Image Source: Google
Advantages of family health insurance plans:
1) Tax benefits;
2) You can continue the cover for a defined period say like two years;
3) Cashless facilities are available;
4) You can also avail discounts and sops, depending on the type of policy you've opted for;
5) Peace of mind that your kin is taken care of;
6) Family floater health insurance has options with higher sum insured than individual health plans hence the coverage is more extensive.
Your biggest denominator should be choosing a policy with extensive coverage of critical ailments because that will be your biggest safety net. Always evaluate your future goals and then zero into a policy.